I’m Erika Elfstrom, the owner and groomer, and I would like to personally thank you for visiting my site! You can learn about my work experience and abilities, the benefits of mobile grooming, pricing and service areas, and information about caring for your dog’s grooming needs. I welcome your questions and feedback, please visit my contact page to get in touch with me. I look forward to helping you care for your furry family member(s).
A Little About Me
I started Doggie Works Mobile Grooming in March of 2008 and have enjoyed my work every day since.
In 1995, I began my grooming career as an apprentice at an upscale grooming salon in Northern Virginia. I have gained a lot of knowledge in the areas of skin and coat care, AKC breed standard grooming, animal behavior, and humane handling from excellent instructors and leaders of the grooming industry.
I regularly attend continuing education seminars across the country to keep up with current styling trends, equipment, products, and animal health and care. I am certified in animal first aid and CPR, I am an AKC Safety Certified Groomer, and my mobile salon is AKC Safety Certified. Click here to view my certifications.
I appreciate the concerns many pet owners have for the safety, comfort, and humane treatment of their pets. I have a few dogs of my own, an adorable Chihuahua mix, a spunky Cocker Spaniel, a very affectionate disabled hound mix, and a quiet (lazy) senior hound.
Booking an Appointment
Ready to schedule? Great! The best way to get an appointment is to text me at (386) 848-9927. You may also complete the appointment request form below and I will get back to you by 6:30 the following business day.
Please continue reading to learn about what you can expect on your first appointment.
I provide a one-hour window for my arrival. Most small dogs are completed within an hour, large dogs can take up to two hours. Although rare, my arrival can be delayed by traffic conditions, unexpected completion times for appointments prior to yours, and other unforeseen circumstances, I will notify you if there are any delays in arriving for our scheduled appointment.
- I need you to be present for the initial appointment but it is not required for subsequent grooming.
- If you are not going to be home, please provide a garage code or key. If you would prefer, I am able to securely keep a house key. If you have an alarm system, please make sure I have the current code.
- If you live in a gated community, please provide me with the gate code or make arrangements with the guard for access.
- My truck and trailer is about 35 feet in length. I can park in driveways, parking lots or along the street.
- Please let me know in advance if you have a preference on where I park.
- I need plenty room to reverse or turn around and at least 12 feet of over-head clearance. Please let me know in advance of your appointment if there may be complications accessing your property so that we can make parking arrangements.
- I do not require access to water or electricity.
Request An Appointment
Please complete the form below and I will contact you by 6:30 pm the following business day to schedule an appointment. Please note, I will do what I can to accommodate your availability but I cannot guarantee that my schedule will fit your needs.
Welcome to Doggie Works Mobile Grooming
Choosing A Groomer
I Want You To Be Satisfied
If you are pleased with your experience please consider sharing a good review on Google or Facebook. If you are displeased or have any concerns please call and speak to me. I want to know if something is wrong, could be improved upon, or if there has been a misunderstanding.